Call for Honkers
John Bell of the fabulous Honk! Festival is seeking participants for this year's event from Oct. 9 to 11 in and around Davis Square in Somerville, Massachusetts, including the fabulous Honk Parade from Somerville to Cambridge. (You can get in touch with him here.) He writes:
Some exciting aspects planned for this year's Honk! Festival include:Photos of last year's Honk Parade by The New England Journal of Aesthetic Research. More here.
- Friday afternoon and evening honking by guest bands and local host bands, traveling by MBTA to East Cambridge, East Boston, Boston Common, and other communities in the metropolitan area.
- Guest artists from Rome (Titubanda) and New Orleans (the Pinettes, an all-woman brass band).
- A Sunday night concert with as many bands as possible, in the Somerville Theater on Davis Square.
- The Honk! Parade: Reclaim the Streets for Horns, Bikes, and Feet, a giant processional performance that will take place Sunday, October 11 from noon to 2 p.m., starting at Davis Square in Somerville and ending at Harvard Square.
Can you and your organization join us this year? We would love to have your participation! It would be great if you could
1. Let me know if you and/or your group are interested and available to help.
2. Help us get the word out to others: because we need
a) individuals to help with banners, giant puppets, signs, marshalling, etc.; and
b) would welcome the participation of other community groups, clubs, gangs, schools, etc. who might like to create cheap and fantastic big moving street images with us.
3. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Post a Comment