New England Art Awards thanks
The New England Journal of Aesthetic Research would like to thank the many wonderful people who helped make the New England Art Awards a success:
- Six people, mostly volunteers, helped put together the ballot by seconding the nominations: Scott Davis, a painter based in Waldoboro, Maine; Franklin Einspruch of Artblog.net; Christian Holland of BigRedAndShiny.com; Dennis Kois, director of DeCordova Sculpture Park + Museum; Boston painter Matt Murphy; and Neal Walsh of AS220.
- 18 art journalists and bloggers from Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont voted: Marc Awodey of Burlington 7 Days and Vermont Art Zine. Ed Beem of Yankee Magazine. Joel Brown of Hubarts.com and Boston Globe. Greg Cook of The New England Journal of Aesthetic Research, the Boston Phoenix, the Providence Phoenix. Franklin Einspruch of Artblog.net. Mark Favermann of Berkshire Fine Arts. Ken Greenleaf of Portland Phoenix. Shawn Hill of Art New England. Christian Holland of Big Red and Shiny. Annie Larmon of Portland Phoenix. JL of Modern Kicks. Cate McQuaid of Boston Globe. Francine Miller of Artforum. James Nadeau of Big Red and Shiny. Matthew Nash of Big Red and Shiny. Doug Norris of Art New England, South County Independent. Meighan O'Toole of My Love For You is a Stampede of Horses and Juxtapoz. Sand T of Making the Art Scene.
- The kind folks at the Burren for their hospitality.
- Chris Braiotta for all his help lining up robots to handle the automated nominations and voting.
- Jane Cunningham, the official Awards Ball photographer.
- Kathy Bitetti.
- Second Line Social Aid and Pleasure Society Brass Band of Cambridge.
- Josh Reynolds, who provided some sound gear.
- More than 80 people who submitted nominations.
- and last but not least the more than 1,880 people from across New England who voted.
Post a Comment